I'm not suggesting any breaking changes at all.

I've been using Rails since Rails version 2 so I don't know what you mean
"like that from the beginning"

In the beginning, DHH said things would "just work" and, as a community we
would value convention over configuration.

As far as using ActiveModel with the form_with, I don't think that's
relevant, it wouldn't make any difference as to behavior.

All I'm suggesting is that Turbolinks is too complicated and should be OFF
by default, like a lot of other things, so that it could be opted-into by
the dev instead of forced upon us by the framework.