Usually ActiveRecord takes care of most of the differences, and
postresql has a lot of similarities with mysql. I guess it would be a
different call if you ask about learning a completely different db engine
like mongo or graphql, but learning postgresql shouldn't take too much time
knowing MySQL, at least to be proficient. I even have a project that I used
sqlite to prototype and postresql when deploying it to heroku for tests and
I had to do nothing to make it work on both databases thanks to AR.

Also, heroku prefers postrgres for example and heroku is really popular for
rails hosting.