thanks folks,

I guess I'm asking more about the practical pain points. - As you say, I
trust rails to deal with most of the day-to-day.

do you end up battling to get your postgres install working after upgrading
mac (or postgres?)
do you have problems with string encoding incompatibilities in obscure
email addresses?
do you have a convenient gui for browsing (like SequelPro)
are there other similar annoyances, or does it 'just work'

whatever I use, I like to stick with the same db in dev & production, (
using mysql or sqlite for my tests and postgres on the server seems like it
is asking for trouble)

cheers,

Rob

--

Hobbyist Software is a trading name of Hobbyist Software Limited.
Registered office 12 Fraley Rd, Bristol, BS93BS. Registered in England.