Peare did indeed offer Af compatible S track and turnouts with Code 172 rail.
He also offered track and turnouts for S scale in Code 125.  I recall their
being advertised decades ago in MR or RMC.

Tom
From: S-Scale@yahoogroups.com [S-Scale@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of JGG KahnSr
[jacek...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Sunday, June 12, 2011 10:24 AM
To: s-scale@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: {S-Scale List} Turnouts

Dear Howard
I'd guess the Peare are more than fifty years old, probably going on sixty.  He
mostly made O scale track, so these are probably from some of the same rail
(although
quite a few O scale modelers back then used the even more comical code #172) to
accomodate AF wheelsets and drivers.  That long ago there was very little true
scale S.  Peare was located in New Jersey as I recall, and, I think, for a
while had the remains of the Westbrook car kit line.

Jace Kahn

General Manager
Ceres & Canisteo RR Co./Champlain County Traction Co.

> To: S-Scale@yahoogroups.com
> From: hjsh...@mcn.org
> Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2011 00:54:17 +0000
> Subject: {S-Scale List} Turnouts
>
> Hello Group
> I have some S gauge No. 6 RH and LH switches made by Bob Peare Engineering
> Corp.of Clifton NJ called Trackmaster.   They are appear to be code 148.
> They are closed frog and are mounted on fiber board ties.  I also have a code
> 100 30 degree cross over that is not mounted on ties.   These are a brass
> alloy.
>
> Does anyone know more about these?  I want to sell them but don't know enough
> about them.
> Thanks
> Howard

<*> Your email settings: