My first 'AF set' came with about 45' of Bob Peare track and 1 turnout and a
few pieces of HO flex.  Forever and ever I thought there was another turnout
that got lost in an attic closet because a turnout was soldered to another
track.  I was probably in error and the one had probably broken of due to
solder fatigue.  I didn't know about AF track for a long time and thought Bob
Peare was the norm.

I used to have dreams finding the track at hobby shops only to be disappointed.
 I attempted my first turnout in middle school shop class by trying to copy the
one just to get a crossing pair.  One day in highschool the local HS had 15
feet for sale.  That was the only stuff I found until I started going to flea
markets after grad school.
Ben Trousdale

--- In S-Scale@yahoogroups.com, Bob Werre <bob@...> wrote:

> Very interesting catalog.  I'm surprised how many employees the firm had
> at the time.  I think Branch Line Models in Memphis sold the Peare line
> of 172 flex track well into the 60's.  On two occasions while on family
> vacation in the Black Hill of my home state, I visited a very tiny hobby
> shop that was about 10' wide.  Being in the years of junior high school,
> I wasn't very knowledgeable, but I was always looking for anything S.  I
> asked the owner/clerk about S as I didn't see any AF boxes on the
> shelves.  His eyes lit up as he opened one of several boxes of S scale
> turnouts with the Peare label on them.  Of course, I'd never seen such a
> thing, so back on the shelf they went.  A couple years later, they were
> still there.  I wonder how in the world, a hobby shop in the sparsely
> populated South Dakota would end up with 4 turnouts and nothing else in
> the scale.  I think the hobby shop was called Who's Hobby in Rapid City.
>
> Jack Troxell, has the complete set of Bob's work cars on display shelf
> in his house.  I've never asked him why they were never on his layout.
>
> Bob Werre
> PhotoTraxx.com
>

> On 6/12/11 10:25 AM, sscale@... wrote:
> >

> > > Does anyone know more about these? I want to sell them but
> > don't know  enough about them.
> > I found this:
> > http://www.sscalenews.com/downloads/bobpeare1952.pdf
> > Stan