Cary:

Welcome to the group. You'll find some of the nicest people you ever want to
meet on this site, along with some of the finest modelers and craftsman.
Sometimes we get a little testy with each other but that's because, like cats,
we're making more S scale modelers.

As far as layouts go, I agree with the idea of cutting your 4x7 piece of
plywood into two 2x7 sections. For a switching layout, I would suggest
something simple, such as the terminal area of the LOWELL & SOUTHERN, which
appeared in a recent issue of the NASG Dispatch.

This would give you something to play with while you contemplate something
larger, and also give you an idea about how little it takes to build a viable
layout. My own SHABBONA RR was supposed to be a simple Class 1 secondary main
line, but has taken on a life of its own to the point of becoming almost
unmanageable.

boB Nicholson __________________________________________________

--- In S-Scale@yahoogroups.com, "Roy" <royhoffman@...> wrote:

> Hi Cary,
>
> You wrote: "I live in Denver. There is not any local train store that sells S
> scale. So I am having to look at various websites for S scale things."
>
> You might check out Caboose Hobbies and the Colorado S Scale Connection
> (Sundance Publications). I visited them a lot back when I lived in Colorado
> Springs and they had a nice selection on S products.
>
> Good Luck and welcome to S.
>
> Roy Hoffman
>
> royhoffman.com/pwrr/links (S Buyers Guide)

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: