Hi Bob;

The principle technique is to brush a fairly heavy wash of "grunge" color over
part of the car (one side of the door, for example) and then wipe it off with a
soft sponge, cotton swab, etc. wiping in the direction of gravity. The color
will remain in and around details like rivets, panel lines and door latches, as
well as leaving some color on the whole car side. You can use craft store
acrylic paint, artist tube acrylic or oils.

Chalk and airbrush effects can be added over the base coat to blend or simulate
load spillage.

Pieter Roos
Sent from my iPhone