  From: blackdiamon...@gmail.com
  To: S-Scale@yahoogroups.com
  Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2013 7:45 AM
  Subject: {S-Scale List} RE: My FNF 9/22/13

   Bill, boB,  I have been picking small parts up off the floor for years. One
day I decided to pick up a butcher's apron from our local butcher shop. I
inquired about buying a used apron, laundered of course! They sold me one for
$5. I cut the tie strings off and had my wife sew on some Velcro squares at the
lower corners. I glued the other half of the Velcro under the lower edge of my
workbench. This works real well at catching the errant small parts, or maybe
about 99% of them anyway. I put a small cup hook under the bench edge also,
centered, to hang the neck loop on when I'm done with it. One does have to
remember to "hang" the neck loop before getting up and walking away though! I
understand jewelers have used something similar for years.

      Bud Rindfleisch

  ---In S-Scale@yahoogroups.com, <s-scale@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

  Why is it that everything I drop falls on the floor?

  This makes me curse and fret as I try to find something to lean on, so that I
can bend over and pick it up, that is, after I find the darn thing.

  If Mary is near-by, she will hurriedly pick it up, so as to save me from my
frustrations.

  I guess when we were younger we never minded dropping anything. Tsk! Tsk!

  If I can get away from this computer, I hope to get back to running trains
and working on my layout. With John Bortz gone, I've been thinking a lot about
Frank Titman. On those marvelous shots of John's layout you see the large port
and cargo ship underneath it. Well, Frank Titman built that for John, as a
present, now that is what good friends do for one another.

  Frank also helped dig out John's basement!

  I love model railroading the friends it produces and I do miss my buddies who
have passed on to the Great Railroad in the sky!!

  "S"ee Ya,

  Bill (Fraley)