As an owner/moderator of a Yahoo group all you have to do is click on the photo
in the header. My groups use to have a guy with hands on a laptop, no more. You
can't change the photo to one that is in one of the groups albums but you can
upload a new photo from your computer. This of course can only be done by the
owner and I think the moderator. I'm no sure about just moderators though. This
is very easy to do.

I now use Firefox so I'm back to the old system, at least for now.

Rustermier

--- In S-Scale@yahoogroups.com, Pieter Roos <pieter_roos@...> wrote:

> Hi Peter;
>
> This appears to be very useful (I have to assume, I'm not "Neo-ed" yet. Does
> that make me "Paleo"?)
>
> In any case, may we make this part of a  FAQ for the list? I can see that
> being handy for a while.
>
> Best regards;
>
> Pieter Roos
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On Sep 29, 2013, at 9:16 AM, Peter Vanvliet <groups@...> wrote:
>

> > Group,
> >
> > I hadn't visited the groups' Yahoo page in a while, although my account had
> > been "neo"ed very early on. Wanting to look at the photos people had posted
> > in the past week, I logged into my account. I found this with regard to
> > photos:
> >
> > To view the photos, click on the "Photos" topic near the
> >              top of the page, under the Search field. You will then see two
> > sub-topics, one called Photostream and one called Albums. The Albums get
> > the default selection. On the far right you will see the "New Album" purple
> > button. To its left, however, is a sort-by selection control. If you select
> > "Latest First" in that field, you will see the photo albums sorted by the
> > last date that they were modified.
> >
> > If you don't want to view the photos by album, you can
> >                                      just see a "raw dump" of all the
> > photos in the reverse order (i.e. newest first) that they were added, by
> > clicking on the "Photostream" sub-topic.
> >
> > I don't see Bill's home page
> >            photo anymore, which I think
> >                       is a shame, but I do kind of
> >                                  like the new interface. I am the
> > owner/co-owner of a couple of groups, and I do not see anywhere where the
> > group owner can set the home page photo, so that may be a
> >                                         feature they got rid of altogether.
> > I tried putting
> > HTML code into the group's description of a group I own, to try to embed a
> > photo, but Yahoo stripped that off, so there is no way to do this using
> > HTML coding, either.
> >
> > The messages (now called "Conversations") can be sorted by topic, message,
> > or trending (meaning the hotest, most responded to, messages grouped near
> > the top). Adding a new message can be done via the "New Topic" purple
> > button. Once you click on that, you will see a pop-up window. This window
> > allows you to enter the subject and the message,
> >                                and apply all sorts of formatting to the
> > text. On the left side of the group of text-massaging icons is a paperclip
> > icon that allows you to attach a file (most often an image file) to your
> >                                                        message. When you
> > click that, you will be able to browse your computer's disk drive to look
> > for the image file that you want to attach to the message.
> >
> > I hope this info is of use to some of you who have been
> >                                       "neo"ed.
> >  - Peter.
> >

> > --
> >
> > Peter Vanvliet (peter@...)

> [...]