From: Peter Vanvliet
Sent: Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:16 AM
To: S-Scale@yahoogroups.com
Subject: {S-Scale List} Photos With The New "Neo" Format

Group,

I hadn't visited the groups' Yahoo page in a while, although my account had
been "neo"ed very early on. Wanting to look at the photos people had posted in
the past week, I logged into my account. I found this with regard to photos:

To view the photos, click on the "Photos" topic near the top of the page, under
the Search field. You will then see two sub-topics, one called Photostream and
one called Albums. The Albums get the default selection. On the far right you
will see the "New Album" purple button. To its left, however, is a sort-by
selection control. If you select "Latest First" in that field, you will see the
photo albums sorted by the last date that they were modified.

If you don't want to view the photos by album, you can just see a "raw dump" of
all the photos in the reverse order (i.e. newest first) that they were added,
by clicking on the "Photostream" sub-topic.

I don't see Bill's home page photo anymore, which I think is a shame, but I do
kind of like the new interface. I am the owner/co-owner of a couple of groups,
and I do not see anywhere where the group owner can set the home page photo, so
that may be a feature they got rid of altogether. I tried putting HTML code
into the group's description of a group I own, to try to embed a photo, but
Yahoo stripped that off, so there is no way to do this using HTML coding,
either.

The messages (now called "Conversations") can be sorted by topic, message, or
trending (meaning the hotest, most responded to, messages grouped near the
top). Adding a new message can be done via the "New Topic" purple button. Once
you click on that, you will see a pop-up window. This window allows you to
enter the subject and the message, and apply all sorts of formatting to the
text. On the left side of the group of text-massaging icons is a paperclip icon
that allows you to attach a file (most often an image file) to your message.
When you click that, you will be able to browse your computer's disk drive to
look for the image file that you want to attach to the message.

I hope this info is of use to some of you who have been "neo"ed.
- Peter.

--

Peter Vanvliet (pe...@fourthray.com)
Houston, Texas