Hi all,

we recently noticed that the IntegerMatrix class from fpylll is (on our
hardware) much slower in sage9.x, than it is in sage8.x.

Please consider the following code snippet:

import time
from fpylll import IntegerMatrix

dim = 30
bits = 10

A = IntegerMatrix.random( dim, "uniform", bits = bits )
B = IntegerMatrix.random( dim, "uniform", bits = bits )

start = time.time()
C = A*B
stop = time.time()

print( "Multiplication took %f seconds." % (stop-start) )

We tried running this code in Sage 8.1, 8.9, 9.3 and 9.7. In the 8.x
versions, the multiplications takes less than 0.2 seconds. In the 9.x
versions, it takes more than 6 seconds.

Any ideas?

Best,
Julian