jyr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was just wondering whether there are any plans to implement the
> Zeilberger or WZ and similar algorithms in sage?
>
> This might be very useful for a wide range of applications.

There are plans to do a lot of summation algorithms:

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/browse_thread/thread/44d726e09ef86b92

(I assume that's what you mean by Zeilberger...)

You can use Maxima to invoke Zeilberger's algorithm, Gosper's algorithm,
etc., using code like in the example in the above mailing list post.

For future plans by Burcin Erocal, see also:

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/bd4eb3b613c98030

Jason