> The worsheets are very small objects; so I guess that the problem is
> somewhere else.

Maybe the .mozilla folder is responsible. Or maybe sage attempts to
browse the .sage directory and that causes nfs to transfer all the
files. My .sage folder is 150mb big.

> If your nfs server is a linux machine, try to optimize it. There are
> some references about this: have more nfs daemons, have larger packet
> size. But may be you an other sort of network problem.

Another colleague has been looking at that. He's puzzled that the server
remains responsive at all times, with spare cpu, ram and bandwidth. He
tried some performance tuning, but only achieved minor improvements.

> What sort of server? Is it by chance Solaris with ZFS file systems? If
> so, I
> probably know the answer.
No, I think it's Fedora with ext3

> Which version of Sage is installed?
I have to check. We were using 4.1.1, but I'm not sure if we have
already updated to 4.2.

Thanks
Pablo