Hello,

This weekend I wrote a triangulation editor, based on the previous code
for the graph editor.

You can get the relevant files from:

http://www.uam.es/personal_pdi/ciencias/pangulo/etc/te.zip

I'm learning mercurial, and the sage packaging conventions, and I need
to decide where to place the code before I can produce a patch
(suggestions are welcome). Anyway, this is prototype quality (no tests,
scarce docstrings, a bunch of NotImplementedErrors...).

I placed the python file at sage.graphs, but you can copy and paste into
a worksheet if you remove the import statements. The folder
triangulation_editor contains the html and js files, and should be
decompressed in the folder:
$SAGE_ROOT/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages/sagenb-0.7.5.1-py2.6.egg/sagenb/data/

The editor understands only about vertices and triangles, not edges. It
shows a grid to which you can snap the vertices, and it can replace the
triangles with the Delaunay triangulation for the given set of vertices.
It does not produce meshes.

I wrote it to complement a sage worksheet I wrote about the FEM. I was
quite satisfied as to how the symbolic and numerical abilities of SAGE
combined to simplify the definition of the problem and the computation
of the solution, but I didn't like having to introduce the triangulation
by hand. The workflow would be the following:
 * use the editor to introduce a first triangulation.
 * refine the triangulation if needed, without the editor.
 * setup the problem using symbolic integrals over a general triangle
 * evaluate the result on the vertices of the triangles
 * solve the linear system of PDEs
 * plot it

By the way, Ondrej Certik just mentioned he's using Flex to work in a
mesh editor:
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/c262901cfafd3f45

Regards