Hi:
  I was trying to review a patch and, following instructions on the
Developer's guide, I ran sage --testall. It reported an error on the
file modules/free_module.py, unrelated to the patch. However, if I start
sage and repeat the commands supposed to produce the error, I get the
right answer. I'm a bit confused, has this happened before?
  The last part of the error trace was:

      File
"/home/moriarty/Software/sage-4.4/local/lib/python/site-packages/sage/interfaces/singular.py",
line 1109, in __init__
        raise TypeError, x
    TypeError: Unable to start singular because the command 'Singular -t
--ticks-per-sec 1000' failed.