I think Aditya is right: there's a huge gap between writing a decent
code snippet, and contributing to SAGE. Apart from code quality, there
is the coercion system, the collaborative tools, the review process, the
huge libraries which may already contain something similar to what you
have done... You may even have to rewrite the code in cython to meet
speed standards.

I found the wiki a great place to put some code a lot of time ago, by
the time when interact seemed like magic to me and I hadn't noticed the
difference between int and Integer. Only recently I'm starting to mess
with the SAGE code itself. I think Aditya is thinking more in the lines
of the wiki, or the "best notebooks" that have been mentioned recently
in this list [1]. Whoever has a nice example using SAGE can put together
a nice worksheet and publish it, or post the code in the wiki, and that
will be long before that person is ready to contribute code to SAGE.

[1]
http://groups.google.com/group/sage-devel/browse_thread/thread/6580ca4cc7b3e9d7/7956921a812e4843?hl=en&lnk=gst&q=best+notebook#7956921a812e4843