On Jan 28, 8:00 pm, Ondrej Certik <ond...@certik.cz> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> are there some examples how to use R from Sage?
>
> I tried to search here:
>
> http://www.sagemath.org/help.html
>
> http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/
>
> I also tried to search sage-devel, for "R" and "R statistics" and "R
> statistical", but didn't find anything. So the next time, I'll at
> least find my own message, and hopefully some hints. :)
>
> Ondrej

Hi Ondrej,

A couple sources I can point out:

http://sage.math.washington.edu/home/mhansen/sage-epydoc/sage.interfaces.r-module.html
(Interestingly this doesn't show up on the main reference --
http://www.sagemath.org/doc/reference/interfaces.html)
Might need to let SAGE guys know about this, on sage-devel or open a
documentation enhancement etc. :)

http://groups.google.com/group/sage-support/browse_thread/thread/53d6a95c0f9a2ab4/ac6ee4fbb03c34db?#ac6ee4fbb03c34db

Also sage-notebook has an "r" mode you can directly enter "R"
commands.

y <- c(1, 2, 3) instead of y = r("c(1, 2, 3)")

I know it is tricky to search terms like "R" or "C". Python is very
easy to find although at time it interferes with the snake and
monthy :)