Hi,

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 5:27 AM, kcrisman <kcris...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Another thing you can do is type r.?  and you will get a lot of
> commands which "should work".  In my experience, though, it's not
> always obvious how to use every command - sometimes arguments in R
> need to be input as strings, for instance, though definitely not
> always.  On the plus side, the R help works more or less as
> advertised.  I'm not sure why Pedro needs to have everything RDF or
> _sage_ to go back and forth; that should be taken care of in the R
> interpreter, as long as your inputs are reals when you run the script
> - ?
>
> When the next version of Sage comes out, we will also finally have all
> recommended packages installed, so it should become much easier to use
> it.
>
> And of course Gokhan's idea is also a very good one, to use the r
> option (or %r, I think, in an individual cell) in the notebook.

Thanks all of you for the useful input. It works for me. The reason I
asked is that I was that we just presented how to use FEMhub
(femhub.org), which is based on Sage (it doesn't contain R though) at
our colloquium, and then I was in the computer lab and one professor
was teaching statistics in R, explaining how to download/install it,
and then they were using it as a desktop application, so I had first
hand experience how people use R.

And I am glad I use Python. The devil is in the details. So I will
mention Sage to him together with some examples how to use R in it.

Ondrej