On Sunday 21 January 2024 at 04:25:42 UTC-8 Juan Grados wrote:

To protect the repo from arbitrary deletion, I need to know if Github
allows adding a rule to avoid a repository being deleted by a single
person.

If you encourage a workflow with forks and pull requests then everybody
will have their own copy anyway. Then the question is more: is there a way
to reinstate a repo after it is deleted? Then it will be recovering from an
admin mistake, just as any misjudged commit will be (if you have to worry
about your admins inadvertently deleting your repo then you'll have to
worry about wrong merges even more). And if you expect that your admins are
prone to making mistakes, people will probably be much happier living
mainly in their own repo and only interacting with the central one if they
have to (for pull requests). It of course does add a level of indirection
to staying up-to-date, but I think the sage github documentation has some
tips on minimizing the pain in that (and otherwise other projects will).