Hi,

It could be for some of you this mail will look like a double of a mail of a
few days/weeks ago, and I’m sorry about that. But as the list server system has
having a lot of issues the mail were not send correctly (and as such not
received by a lot of the members).  So we just moved to a totally new system
and hopefully all will work fine now 😊 (and I’ll get some more reactions).

*       AWS

The current beta build (http://beta.woodstone.nu) includes the checking of EC2
instances (EC2=virtual machines on AWS (Amazon cloud))

*       Mail as alert

Mail as alert is in Servers Alive since day 1. We are working on a full rewrite
of the mail sending engine.

This will include some new things like:

*       TLS 1.2 and TLS 1.3 support (TLS 1.3 if the OS will natively support it
that is -> currently only the Windows 10 preview and Windows 2022)

-          oAuth (oAuthBearer and xOauth2 ) authentication

-          Authentication using SCRAM-SHA-512, SCRAM-SHA-256,
-          SCRAM-SHA-1,DIGEST-MD5 and NTLM
-          Automatic selection of the authentication mechanism to use

What we would like to remove:

*       Direct send
*       DUN (dial-up networking) before the actual sending of mail
*       POP3 authentication (authenticate towards POP3 server before using the
SMTP server)

Could you give me some feedback on the above?  Thanks and happy testing of
Servers Alive.

Dirk.

To unsubscribe from this list please go to
http://www.simplelists.com/confirm.php?u=8KIchYygV3kz4QXQydZqUA2M0dRvmk7K