Chris Pile wrote:
> I tried emailing Edwin about this, but all email addresses I
> found for him simply bounced.  So I'm posting here instead...

The last one he used on the list is edwin.blink<at>home.nl - if he doesn't
spot this I'll check when he's next on MSN.

> Does anyone have programming information for Edwin's SAM
> Dallas clock module? Particularly the port addresses and how
> to read/write to the Dallas 114-bytes of scratch-ram?

Try this for the data sheet:
http://www.embeddedarm.com/downloads/Components/12887.pdf
Clock.cpp in the SimCoupe source might also help: http://tinyurl.com/y8b53s

The original DALLAS has 128 bytes of nvram, with the bottom 14 used for
clock values.  Reading and writing the full 128 range is done in the same
way, with the RTC updating the lower ones automatically.

Bit 8 of the port address is 0 for register select and 1 for data.  So
writing 123 to port &00EF would select location 123 in RAM, then writing a
byte to port &01EF would write it to that location in nvram.  For the
current (original) chip only the bottom 7 bits of the location are used, but
the new chip support I'll add will use all 8 bits.

> Also, does Simcoupé save the Dallas module's RAM contents on exit -
> thus emulating the persistent qualities of the Dallas scratch-ram?

Not currently, as I didn't realise that worked with the original device.  I
can implement that tonight if you want something to play with.  :-)