Hi Si,

>> Chris Pile wrote:
>> I tried emailing Edwin about this, but all email addresses I
>> found for him simply bounced.  So I'm posting here instead...

> The last one he used on the list is edwin.blink <at> home <dot> nl - if
> he doesn't spot this I'll check when he's next on MSN.

No problem.  I won't need to bother Edwin now, as all I wanted was the port
address
for the Dallas chip.  You kindly supplied that in your reply!  I had
recollectrions of the
address / data accessing of the chip from way back - when I played around with
PC
CMOS stuff.  Ports 112 (address) and 113 (data) sprang to mind!  Strange the
silly
things people tend to remember!  :-)

>> Chris Pile wrote:
>> Also, does Simcoupé save the Dallas module's RAM contents on exit -
>> thus emulating the persistent qualities of the Dallas scratch-ram?

> Not currently, as I didn't realise that worked with the original device.  I
> can implement that tonight if you want something to play with.  :-)

:-)  That would be great.  No rush though, as I can't really start playing
until the weekend.

Cheers,
Chris.