From: "Simon Owen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: 3. srpna 2001 12:21
Subject: RE: Sam CPU timing

Aley Keprt wrote:
> Although Win32 SimCoupe does good effort in praxis, a
> theoretical documentation would be great!

There were plans for that, tho it hasn't actually been started yet!  It
would (er, _will_!) be nice to have a definitive guide to explain all
the timings involved for contention, interrupts, etc.

SimCoupé still doesn't quite cover it all just yet...  It's still
missing the unrounded timings when running code in the system ROM (tho
it is already correctly uncontended).  It also doesn't support the
forced slowdown in mode 1, though it should be easy to implement once
the pattern is known.  There could still be errors in the basic
instruction timings too, particularly in the extended sets (no problems
are known).