To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Thursday, January 13, 2005 1:11 PM
Subject: Re: How ROM knowns wheter a disk is "bootable"

From: Frode Tenneboe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

But you could put the rest of the DOS anywhere you like on the disc. Cookie
did that to "good" effect in MaxiDOS/QDOS where he put the DOS on tracks
80-82.

Just side one

BTW if you wish you could store DOS anywhere into the directory as long as
there is one
slot before it that has both filetype and 1st char of filename zero to mark
end of directory.
When storing the remaining 19 sectors of SAMDOS at track 2,sector 2 then
there would
be room for 41 files on such a disc. :-)

Edwin