On 19 Jul 2010, at 22:47, Stefan Drissen wrote:

> Now hurry along Si and integrate the label.tab in SimIceā€¦ ;-)

If it's just symbols you want tied in, I'm sure that can be arranged :)

> You may want to ask David to add page information to the label.tab file first
> though. ;-)

Speaking of paging... it may be a good time to ask about how best to deal with
addresses in the debugger.  The data import/export has always suffered from the
complications of the current 64K paged setup, BASIC addresses and raw
page+offset for both internal and external RAM.

For the debugger I started down the path of allowing a mix of plain addresses
(0-65535, for 64K paged) and absolute (p:o for page+offset).  Disassembling
generally only makes sense for the current 64K, but data views could let you to
browse through the whole of RAM.  Whichever mode you started in would determine
the extent and wrapping of the viewed block.  Worth finishing, or is that
overcomplicating it?

I originally wanted to have a command-line interface, much like the Soft-ICE
debugger.  It ended up being a bit more like TurboMON, which was influenced by
the Multiface single-key commands.  The current method is fairly quick to get
around, but requires learning more key combinations.  A command-line would be
ultimately more flexible, but require a little extra typing.  Anyone got a
preference?

If you have any other thoughts on what should be added or changed, I'm open to
suggestions.  It got left a bit unfinished when I could do what I needed from
it to debug SimCoupe itself, but if there are more people using it then it's
more likely to be worked on.

I've not been around much recently for any home development stuff, but scene
activity is always good to help draw me back in!