On a related but slightly different note... Sometime in the near future, I want to get back into a fairly major SAM gaming project I was working on. I'm going to give JAM a go (Just quickly tested it on my machine running Windows 7, and seemks to work fine!). :-) I made the mistake of working in GamesMaster again when I started it last year, but I hit a bit of an annoying brick wall with it (Yes, I know... but it worked so well for my first few games! :-D ) Unfortunately those limitations AREN'T because of the limitations of the SAM, so I don't want to compromise the game from what it could do, simply because of GamesMaster.

So my plan is to re-program it in Assembly. And my question is... (I think I may have asked this before, but for the life of me I can't remember, so sorry if I have!) what's the best resource for learning it?? ;-)

Dave, I love what you've done with "Dave Invaders" :-D What did you read for learning how to program it?

Quoting Balor Price <toberm...@cookingcircle.co.uk>:

Ah. I am a moron. Updated from Java 6 update 21 to update 30 and the problem went away.

Must say, though, I would never have expected that to have been a problem, especially because your binaries are all JAR files instead of JAD midlets. Okay I'm confused again now!

Howard