Hi all,

In order to automate and simplify as much as possible the process of
importing images into the SAM and avoid the palette conversion problems,
I'm tinkering with the Netpbm raster formats
(<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netpbm_format>).  BMP and others could be
used too, but Netpbm files have two encoding variants (ASCII and binary)
for every type (PBM, PGM and PPM), what makes them very versatile in
this case.

The Netpbm images are created with Linux tools and the SAM does the
final conversion, PLOTing the image pixels with the desired equivalent
colors and GRABbing it.

The first tries with a grayscale image look promising, but I need to
choose 16 grays from the SAM palette (0, 7, 8, 15, 112, 120, 127...?)
I'm afraid there are less than 16 gray tones, and blue must be used to
complete the set. Am I right? Does anyboy know which are the best 16 SAM
original colors for a grayscale?

Thank you.

Marcos

--