Always worth bearing in mind that the Citizen disk drives used by MGT/SAMCo
were made around 1989-1991 or thereabouts, they were discontinued very early in
SAM’s life so are getting on for over 25 years old! The belts will be perishing
quite a bit and becoming slack, unfortunately I’ve not been able to get
reliable replacements for a few years – not found another that I was 100% happy
with.

The only solution I currently offer is my replacement disk drive system based
around a modern PC disk drive and a new controller board ->
www.samcoupe.com/hardfdc.htm <http://www.samcoupe.com/hardfdc.htm>

Also, if of interest to anybody here I do have a couple offers on some hardware
goodies and a bundle of SAM Revival magazines on the go at the moment ->
www.samcoupe.com/offers.htm <http://www.samcoupe.com/offers.htm>

Colin

=====

Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the SAM Coupé

1995-2016 - Celebrating 22 Years of developing for the SAM Coupé

Website: www.samcoupe.com <http://www.samcoupe.com>