--- Original message ---
Subject: Re: [Samba] Problem with trust relationship
From: Leonardo Carneiro <chesterma...@gmail.com>
To: <samba@lists.samba.org>
Date: Thursday, 10/02/2011  2:46 AM

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:36 PM,  <t...@tms3.com> wrote:

Hi John and others,

Tks for the feedback. I tried the configs you showed to me and
unfortunally did not work. Also, there is a [small] number of windows
xp and vista getting the same problem too. Any new ideas?

You need to re add the systems back to the domain after the trust
expires. The registry entries are to prevent the expiration not to fix
an already expired trust.

The easy way to test is to use the Windoze network wizard and keep the name the same. If the join works and on reboot the trust works then it is most
definately the machine pass issue.

John

I tried both the "sambaRefuseMachinePwdChange = 1" in LDAP and the
test in the network wizard. The wizard fails with a RPC error message.

Hmmm. Details?

This is begining to smell of browsing issues. Do you have a WINS server?

The setting in ldap had no effect. In fact, almost all machines are
having this issue now, but it seems to be occasional. Once in a while,
someone just logs in OK. It happens that the error is now happening on
every windows machine, not just the the ones with windows 7. =S