Hi Vincent,

While not a overview, you can find language specific weaknesses for
C, Java, C++, and PHP on the "Other Views" page of the Common
Weakness Enumeration (CWE) Project (see
http://cwe.mitre.org/data/other.html).

The "List" items give the names of the issues, the "Slice" gives a
concatenated set of the write-ups of those items, and the "XML" will
give you a concatenated extract of the XML for those items versus
hunting for them in the complete XML for CWE.

These aren't specific to web application issues so there will be some
pruning of the list for your purposes.  One way to focus the list
would be to correlate them with the CWEs listed in the OWASP Top 10
as a start, which is another list on the above page that has 24 items
listed but some of them are not language specific so they would be in
addition to the others.

The above lists include 56 for C, Java has 70, C++ has 58, and PHP has 10.

You still need to add to that issues that apply to all languages
versus these lists of language specific weaknesses and C and C++ have
significant overlap given their relationship.

Regards,

Bob Martin
CWE Project Leader
MITRE Corporation

P.S. Comments and suggestions for new items, clarifications, or
additional examples are welcome for this community effort either
directly to [EMAIL PROTECTED] or through the cwe-research-list which you
can sign-up for on the site.