Hello all...

        Now I have yet ANOTHER twist to all this...

On Tue, Jun 05, 2001 at 08:44:42PM +0100, Dr S N Henson wrote:
> David Corcoran wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Try removing bundleparser.c and doing the ./configure --enable-usb
> > and everything over again.
> >

> That did the trick. I still get a few kernel warning messages when I
> plug the device in but I can now access the reader, thanks.

        I just recently got the American Express reader which is a
GemPlus GCR 435.  A wild guess would be an OEM version of the 430.

        Sure enough...  Tweak a constant in usbserial.c and a couple of
strings in ifd-GemPC430.bundle/Contents/Info.plist and the 430 driver drives
the 435 reader (yes, the vendor code is the same and the product code
changed from 0x430 to 0x435).

        Right now, it looks like we have to have two different bundles
to support two different readers even though the drivers are virtually
identical (other than the vendor code).  Correct?  If so, we should add
something in here to support the 435?  Somehow.

> Steve.
> --
> Dr Stephen N. Henson.   http://www.drh-consultancy.demon.co.uk/
> Personal Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Senior crypto engineer, Celo Communications: http://www.celocom.com/
> Core developer of the   OpenSSL project: http://www.openssl.org/
> Business Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED] PGP key: via homepage.
> Linux Smart Card Developers - M.U.S.C.L.E.
> (Movement for the Use of Smart Cards in a Linux Environment)
> http://www.linuxnet.com/smartcard/index.html

        Mike
--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  (The Mad Wizard)      |  (678) 463-0932   |  http://www.wittsend.com/mhw/