>> > ...TSF  is  clearly aimed primarily at singers...

>>That's possibly the key. It's perfect for singers, ...

I'm a singer, and have been using my own not-very-formal-or-complete
numeric system for quickly capturing melodies on paper while they're
fresh in mind. I don't think it ever occurred to me to look around for
some existing system that would work well for this. Is there one? I
suspect Tonic Sol-Fa may not be best for this, but I'm unsure. I did a
web search based on comments here, and most of the sites I found that
weren't about the a-capella group were just dictionary entries, rather
than an explanation of the system. So I have two questions:

What notation system might make sense for what I'm doing?

Where might I find a real explanation of the Tonic Sol-Fa system?

Rudy