Jonathan Hill wrote:

> There was a moothie based band on the Black Isle who rejoiced in the
> name of the Avoch Moothies, but age and the reaper have taken their
> toll.......no recordings, but they were pretty good! Jonathan

Avoch... pronounced "Och" isn't it? There used to be many more moothie
bands in Scotland in bygone times. I have a photo of two of my uncles
in such a band in Huntly, Aberdeenshire. Of course in those days you
had to make your own entertainment. :-)

Good to see you're still lurking, Jonathan. We don't hear enough about
the goings-on in the Black Isle. I almost went to a mandolin workshop
in Inverness a couple of weeks ago, but I was too shattered. I'm
considering taking my one-day Intermediate Mandolin Workshop on the
road. Aberdeen, Glasgow, etc. Do you think there would be any interest
up your way?

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff, Scotland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]