Can you remove the old SDL and reinstall? If not try a manual install.

Kartik Thakore

On 2010-07-28, at 12:46 AM, Pip Stuart <pipstu...@gmail.com> wrote:

After `pip http://sdlperl.ath.cx/releases/SDL-2.504.tar.gz` succeeds
with: LOCAL/SDL-2.504.tar.gz
./Build install -- OK
... I ran `perl -MSDL -e 'print $SDL::VERSION'`
2.2.6

It's weird. Maybe `pip` doesn't do everything `perl -MCPAN -e "install
'$@'"` would do? I can't think of why a Build would think it installed
correctly, yet fail to do so.

-Pip

On 2010-07-27, at 10:04 PM, Pip Stuart <pipstu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi again,

The `cpan pip` && `pip
http://sdlperl.ath.cx/releases/SDL-2.504.tar.gz` commands both
succeeded but `cpan Games::FrozenBubble` can't find the installed
2.504 && tries to install 2.503 then fails again.

Hmm that is weird. Run perl -MSDL -e ' print @SDL::VERSION '

I don't understand
why it can't find the new one. Do I need to run `pip
Games::FrozenBubble` instead or something else to get the pip'd 2.504
to be found as an acceptable prerequisite?

No it should work.

Thanks,
-Pip
P.S. I like that the utility is my name. =)

I figured you would :)