On 2013-08-19, at 4:20 AM, Kartik Thakore wrote:

> There is no need to. I made a PDL to SDL_surface work before. And in SDL2 you
> can create template from surface.

awesome, thanks Kartik

and slightly off-topic but…
has anyone managed to build POGL on debian-wheezy lately?  i'm getting a
segfault :/

root@vbox1:~# git clone git://git.code.sf.net/p/pogl/code pogl-code
Cloning into 'pogl-code'...
Resolving deltas: 100% (667/667), done.

root@vbox1:~# cd pogl-code/

root@vbox1:~/pogl-code# perl Makefile.PL interface=FREEGLUT verbose
$verbose set to 1
found libs:
    GL = 'GL'
    GLU = 'GLU'
    GLUT = 'glut'
Testing for OpenGL Extensions
Testing GLUT version
glversion: cd utils;make -f Makefile GLUT_LIB=glut GLUT_DEF=HAVE_GLUT
clean;make -f Makefile GLUT_LIB=glut GLUT_DEF=HAVE_GLUT
OpenGL Warning: XGetVisualInfo returned 0 visuals for 0x85e72c0
OpenGL Warning: Retry with 0x8002 returned 0 visuals
Segmentation fault
make: *** [glversion.txt] Error 139

rm -f glversion.txt
rm -f glversion
rm -f glversion.o
cc -I/usr/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/local/include
-I/usr/openwin/include -DHAVE_GLUT -c glversion.c
cc glversion.o -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/openwin/lib
-L/usr/lib/xorg/modules -L/usr/X11R6/lib/modules
-L/usr/lib/xorg/modules/extensions -L/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/extensions -lGL
-lglut -lGLU -lXi -lXmu -lXext -lX11 -lm -o glversion
chmod u+x glversion
./glversion > glversion.txt

get_extensions: no extensions found in utils/glversion.txt