Title: This Week
January 03, 2005 Published by  SearchDatabase.com

This Week

SearchDatabase.com
NEWS     TOPICS     ITKNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE     TIPS     ASK THE EXPERTS     WEBCASTS     WHITE PAPERS
IN THIS ISSUE:
  > From the Editor: Best of 2004
  > ITKnowledge Exchange: Scalar functions in GROUP BY
  > White Papers: Reporting & analysis scalability
  > Webcasts: Fact-based database design with Terry Halpin
  > More From SearchDatabase.com: The Oracle-PeopleSoft saga in review

Attend Data Center Decisions 2005
Join us in New York for Data Center Decisions 2005. Learn about the latest technologies for the data center, get top advice from industry experts & win a new Mercedes SLK.

FROM THE EDITOR

Best of 2004
[Tim DiChiara]
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Happy new year everybody!

It was another typical year for IT in 2004, replete with mega-mergers, the clashing of executive egos, tight budgets, dwindling jobs, too many demands, too little time. In case you've been working 60 hours a week (sound familiar?), here's a quick review of the most newsworthy IT stories of the year:

On the other hand, it was a superlative year for SearchDatabase.com: our membership topped 200,000, our traffic was up 30%, and we continued to pump out reams of quality content for you DBAs, developers, managers, and consultants. Not bad for a five year-old site! On behalf of our whole team, I'd like to thank you for your continued support. Here were some of your favorites of the year:

What's on your plate in 2005? Implementing a major architecture change such as SOA or Web services? Upgrading your DBMS and/or apps? Or just continuing to put out fires , get through each day, and keep your job? Email me with your thoughts, rants and predictions for 2005.

Have a happy and healthy year, Tim

ITKNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE

Scalar functions in GROUP BY

Is there a reason why I cannot use a SCALAR function in a GROUP BY clause in DB2?
> LAST POSTED MESSAGE

> VISIT ITKNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE

 FEATURED WHITE PAPERS

Reporting & analysis scalability study by Sun Microsystems & MicroStrategy
Published by: MicroStrategy Inc. Nov. 22, 2004

> VIEW ALL WHITE PAPERS

 FEATURED WEBCASTS
Fact-based database design
WHEN:   On demand
SPEAKER:   Dr. Terry Halpin Professor, Northface University
SPONSOR:   Data Center Decisions 2005

> VIEW ALL WEBCASTS

MORE FROM SEARCHDATABASE.COM

ASK THE EXPERT: DB2
[Craig Mullins, Director of Technology Planning, BMC Software]
Craig has extensive experience in the field of database management, having worked as an application developer, a DBA and an instructor with multiple database management systems, including DB2, Oracle and SQL Server. Additionally, Craig worked as a Research Director with the Gartner Group covering the field of database administration. He is the author of the DB2 Developer's Guide, the industry-leading book on DB2 for OS/390, and has published more than 100 articles on database technology. Ask Craig your tough DB2 questions!

NEWS: Oracle-PeopleSoft saga in review
Oracle won its 18-month long battle, and its prize is trying to incorporate PeopleSoft's applications and customer base into its own. Read how the whole saga unfolded and what Oracle pledges for the future.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ABOUT THIS E-NEWSLETTER
TechTarget This e-newsletter is published by SearchDatabase.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
Copyright 2005 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "Updates on new site content":