Title: TechTarget
a weekly newsletter fromTechTarget
searchDominoThis Week
November 11, 2002 >> Receive this email as text  >> About this email
 In this Issue

>> From the editor:
  • Webcasts, Discovery Server and more...
  • >> Featured Topic:
  • Domino Security
  • >> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Frederic Dahm
  • Developer tip: Allowing search of more than 5,000 docs
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • Lotus Live! Series Webcast
  • Part 1: Answers to your questions on ND6 certification
  • Part 2: Answers to your ND6 certification questions
  • New poll

  •  From the Editor:

    by Joyce Chutchian, Site Editor

    This week SearchDomino is featuring a very specialized Lotus Live Series webcast that is a must see for all. Two of our security experts, Lotus' Frederic Dahm and CHC-3 Consulting's Chuck Connell will be giving an in-depth live webcast entitled Laying the Foundation: A proper security methodology. Be sure to catch it live and ask your questions.

    Lotus announced this week it's partnership with Kahoon for Discovery Server enhancements. What do you think of this? Are you ready for knowledge management, already there or not anywhere near it? Drop me a line and let me know.

    Finally, thanks to all of you who submitted nominations for the SearchDomino Achiever Awards. We're in the process of tallying them now, and winners will be announced next month. If you didn't have a chance to nominate someone, now is a good time to gather information for next year's awards. There's no excuse to be late now! (For 2003.)

    Have a good week!
    Joyce

     Featured Topic:

    Domino Security
    by Kurt Ringleben, Assistant Editor
    Dive into Domino security and go beyond default configurations to protect your company. We've assembled news, articles and tips to help you take security precautions and lock down your systems.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured expert Frederic Dahm
    Category Domino Security
    Frederic Dahm is a Systems Architect for IBM Software Services for Lotus (ISSL, formerly known as LPS) in Zurich, Switzerland, where he undertakes infrastructure projects at client sites. His skills include infrastructure architecture, data consolidation and migration, systems integration and application development. He is also co-author of several Redbooks and Redpapers.

    View all answers Frederic's

    This Week: In the forums

    SearchDomino.com Security forum:
    Be sure to visit the Chuck Connell's security forum on SearchDomino.com this week before and after our Lotus Live! Series Webcast with security experts Chuck Connell and Frederic Dahm. Post your questions about Domino security or better yet, offer your advice. This is the place to be for information from those who are closest to reality -- people like you who contribute to the forums. Check it out!

    Enter the SearchDomino.com Security Forum

    Tip of the Week:
    Developer Tip: Allowing search of more than 5,000 docs
    This week's featured tip, submitted by SearchDomino.com Hall of Famer Cregg Hardwick, offers advice on a previous tip we featured on the search in 5,000 docs:
    The 5,000 document limit is the default limit on documents returned from a full text search. "Add Search" is subject to this limit because it uses an FT search. This limit can be increased or removed by changing a server parameter.
    >> View the full tip and code:

     Site Highlights

    Lotus Live! Series Webcast
    DATE: Wednesday, November 13, 2002 at 12:00 P.M EST
    TITLE: Laying the foundation: A proper security methodology
    SPEAKERS: Frederic Dahm and Chuck Connell
    Join security experts Frederic Dahm and Chuck as they discuss the proper security methodology that touches all aspects of the IT system and all of its users. They will explain security and IT security, outline current trends in IT security and present a proper methodology to evaluate, implement and manage IT security in your organization.
    PRE-REGISTER here:

    Part 2: Answers to your ND6 certification questions
    Here's the second part in our series of questions posed to Lotus manager of worldwide professional certification programs Barbara Bowen during her recent SearchDomino.com webcast "What's new in ND6 certification."
    READ the full story:
    Part 1: Answers to your questions on ND6 certification
    READ the full story:
    Unfortunately, time ran out in our recent webcast "What's new in ND6 certification" before Lotus certification guru Barbara Bowen could answer all of your questions. So she got to the remaining ones offline. We're presenting them in two parts. Here is part one.

    Take our new poll
    Aside from Lotus, in which other IBM software brands do you have certification?

    PREVIOUS POLL RESULTS:
    Which is the primary way that you prepare for Lotus certification exams?

    • 42%: Practice tests
    • 15%: Lotus certification exam guide
    • 13%: Instructor-led courses at LAEC
    • 12%: Independent study guides from publishers
    • 10%: Yellowbooks or redbooks
    • 8%: Computer-based training

    Total votes: 149

    Vote here:

    Our webcast archives
    If you missed any of our live webcasts, it's not too late to view them. Simply click on the desired webcast, sit back and enjoy the show.
    View archives

    Performance issues?
    Sign up for the monthly SearchSystemsManagement.com Top Expert Advisor Newsletter and learn the tricks of the trade from a team of highly qualified systems management experts.
    Sign me up

    A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    Created by TechTarget
    TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media
    Copyright 2002, All Rights Reserved.

    To unsubscribe from Updates on new site content:

    >> Simply Reply to this Email with REMOVE within the Body or Subject
    -OR-
    >> Go to: http://searchDomino.techtarget.com/register
       - Log in to edit your profile.
       - Click on the link to Edit email subscriptions.
       - Uncheck the box next to the newsletter you wish to unsubscribe from.
       - When finished, click "Save Changes to My Profile".