Title: SearchDomino.com
Published by SearchDomino.com
searchDominoThis Week
June 07, 2004 >> Receive this e-mail as text  >> About this e-mail
 In this Issue

>> From the editor:
  • Meet the newest member of the SearchDomino.com team
  • >> Featured Topic:
  • All about ACL
  • >> Expert Technical Advice:
  • Featured Expert: Scott Lemieux, Enterprise Integration
  • April/May Tip Contest Winner:
    >>1st Place: Single sign-on prompts for multiple logons across servers
    >>2nd Place: Use caution with the new R6 policies
    >>3rd Place: Calculate U.S. holidays for any given year
  • New Tip Contest: Submit a tip today for your chance to win an iRiver Flash MP3 player
  • >> Site Highlights:
  • Free newsletter: Small Business IT Tech Tip
  • Webcast: How to select an antispam solution

  •  From the Editor:

    by Maureen Rauscher, Assistant Editor

    Greetings, Domino developers and administrators. I'm the new assistant editor for SearchDomino.com. I am thrilled to be working on such a great site, and look forward to getting to know you and helping you find the IT information you need to make your jobs easier.

    As SearchDomino.com assistant editor, I will be managing the Topics, White Papers, and Ask the Experts sections of the site. If you have any feedback or links for these sections that you would like to share, please let me know.

    Remember -- the content we publish is for you, and we want to be sure it's what you need to make your jobs easier. So I welcome your suggestions and feedback.

    Warm regards,
    Maureen Rauscher

     Featured Topic:

    All about ACL
    by Christine Polewarczyk, Editor

    Learn how to manage and manipulate your Notes/Domino access control lists (ACLs) to add convenience and security to your permissions process.

    Read more about this topic

     Expert Technical Advice:

    Featured Expert: Scott Lemieux
    Category: Enterprise Integration

    Dear Scott:
    What is the best way to migrate from Domino (app and data store) to Java and Oracle?
    Click here to read Scott's expert response or ask a question of your own.

    Congratulations to our April/May Tip Contest winners! Check out their winning tips:
    >> 1st Place: Single sign-on prompts for multiple logons across servers
    by Rob Breault
    Learn how to prevent frustrating "session expired" errors that can result when one server is out of sync with others -- even by as little as four seconds.

    >> 2nd Place: Use caution with the new R6 policies
    by Neeraj Jain
    A cautionary note to everyone implementing the new R6 policies: Use a perpetual ID to create/sign them. Read this tip to find out why and what to use instead to avoid this issue.

    >> 3rd Place: Calculate U.S. holidays for any given year
    by Cesar Mugnatto
    Try this new code to add holidays and update your server's holiday list.

    >> New Tip Contest: Submit a tip today for your chance to win an iRiver Flash MP3 player!
    We just launched a new tip contest, and we're offering a kickin' prize this time around -- an iRiver Flash MP3 player with FM tuner and voice recorder. Don't miss out on your chance to win. Submit your best Notes/Domino tip, trick, timesaver or code today!

     Site Highlights

    Free newsletter: Small Business IT Tech Tip
    Activate your subscription to our new sister site SearchSmallBizIT.com's "Small Business IT Tech Tip" and get practical advice on how to build a strong IT infrastructure to support your growing business.
    Sign up now.

    Webcast: How to select an antispam solution
    Click here to watch and listen to this webcast.
    Spam is widely recognized as a nuisance and a drain on employee productivity. Organizations need an answer. In this Web seminar, Gartner analyst Arabella Hallawell explores the critical issues in selecting an antispam solution.

    Want to know more about how WebSphere works and its possible future impact on ND shops?
    Enter your e-mail and start receiving Domino & WebSphere Strategies.
    E-mail

    Not a member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

    Career resources
    Visit the SearchDomino.com Career Center today. There, you will find more than 40,000 jobs. You can also post your resume and research salaries.
    Check it out.

    Upcoming events
    Find a tradeshow, user group meeting, or technical seminar in the SearchDomino.com events section.
    Take a look.

    Best ND Web links
    Check out the SearchDomino.com Best Web Links section. Categories include security, administration and tutorials.
    Start browsing.

      A B O U T   T H I S   N E W S L E T T E R
    TechTarget - The Most Targeted IT Media
    Contact us:
    SearchDomino
    MemberServices
    117 Kendrick Street, Suite 800
    Needham, MA 02494

    This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
    TechTarget offers magazines, Web sites, e-newsletters, Webcasts and conferences for enterprise IT professionals.
    Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

    To unsubscribe from "Updates on new site content":