Title: This Week
December 20, 2004 Published by  SearchDomino.com

This Week

SearchDomino.com
NEWS     TOPICS     ITKNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE     TIPS     ASK THE EXPERTS     WEBCASTS     WHITE PAPERS
IN THIS ISSUE:
  > From the Editor:: Everybody loves a winner
  > Featured Topic:: Top 10 developer tips of 2004
  > ITKnowledge Exchange: Notes ID file
  > Webcasts: View this week's featured Webcasts
  > More From SearchDomino.com: Expert Brian Mahoney, collaboration suites and more!

Security Survival Guide
Check out SearchSmallBizIT.com's "Security for SMBs" Survival Guide. Find articles, expert advice and resources on Windows security, backup and disaster recovery, securing your network and more.

FROM THE EDITOR:

Everybody loves a winner
[Beth Rosenberg, Assistant Editor]

Congratulations to our October/November Tip Contest winners! _javascript_ was a popular topic the past few months -- it's the subject in our top two tips. Also of note was a rich-text-field workaround.

1st place: Ashish Sidapara
Grand prize: Apple 4 GB iPod Mini
Tip:
_javascript_ version of @DBLookup and @DBColumn

2nd place: Luke Leonhard
Tip: Run a Web agent on any _javascript_ event

3rd place: Leo Dai
Tip: Rich text field workarounds

Ashish, Luke and Leo have won elite positions in our SearchDomino.com Hall of Fame.

If you missed out on the competition last time around, make sure you submit your tip in our new December/January Tip Contest. The tip that receives the highest rating from our members and panel of judges will receive an Olympus Stylus 3.2MP Digital Camera with 3x Optical Zoom! This prize is both practical and fun! The Olympus Stylus D535 3.2MP Digital Camera has a 3-megapixel sensor that captures enough detail to create photo-quality 10-by-14-inch enlargements and optical and digital zoom that combine for a 12x total zoom. It's easy-to-use physical mode dial allows you to quickly switch between six shooting modes. You can save images and videos with 12 MB of internal memory or using a compatible xD-Picture Card.

So hurry up and submit your Notes/Domino-related tips, tricks, codes, timesavers or workarounds for your chance to win! You're free to enter as many times as you'd like, and if you've won before, you can win again! We've recently changed the rules -- now members can win the grand prize three times per calendar year. Submit your tip here.

Thanks to all of you who participated in our October/November Tip Contest. Your contributions and involvement are what make SearchDomino.com such a great online community and resource for Notes/Domino IT professionals.

Have a great week!
Beth

FEATURED TOPIC:

Top 10 developer tips of 2004
[Beth Rosenberg, Assistant Editor]

When you need developer advice, SearchDomino's Developer Tips section is the place to turn. We've gathered the most popular developer tips submitted by our members and experts in 2004 and listed them all right here.

ITKNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE

ITKnowledgeExchange: Notes ID file

This ITKnowledgeExchange member is taking over a Domino server from another branch at work. Unfortunately, the person who takes care of their Notes ID files cant help any longer. They need to know, "How can I create a Notes ID file for newcomers to the company?"
Can you help? Click here to offer your advice.
> VISIT ITKNOWLEDGE EXCHANGE

 FEATURED WEBCASTS
Secure your apps for Notes and Web clients
WHEN:   On-Demand
SPEAKER:   Karen Fishwick CLI, PCLP
SPONSOR:   SoftQuest

> VIEW ALL WEBCASTS

MORE FROM SEARCHDOMINO.COM

ASK THE EXPERTS: Ask Brian Mahoney: Select all duplicate values for viewing
[Brian Mahoney]
Dear Brian: Duplicates identified by a single field value exist in our database. How can I select all the duplicate values for viewing?
Click here to read Brian's expert response.

SITE EXCLUSIVE: IT dealing with voice and video creep
Converged communications in enterprise networks is inevitable -- and already happening in some places. It's up to IT to determine how it can be accommodated in an existing infrastructure.

SITE EXCLUSIVE: Collaboration suites rise at expense of point releases
Microsoft, IBM Lotus, Oracle and SAP are among those building collaboration features into the heart of their respective software platforms to meet customer demands for lower ownership costs, according to new research.

SITE EXCLUSIVE: The e-mail trail and corporate liability
Sifting through the publicly released e-mails of scandal-plagued Enron, it's clear that bad accounting wasn't the only problem the energy company had. Experts say it's a lesson on how not to manage corporate messaging.

TIP: Notes licensing: Not so mysterious
This article aims to demystify Notes/Domino licensing -- helping readers understand their options more thoroughly by looking at the four licensing alternatives that Lotus offers.

TIP: Reusable document modification agent
This flexible and reusable agent template uses functions that allow you to select (3 different ways) and change (2 different ways) documents in one or more databases. It also includes built-in logging using the NotesLog class.

Contact Us
Sales
For sales inquiries, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Editorial
For feedback about any of our articles or to send us your article ideas, please contact us at:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Free E-Newsletters!
Select e-newsletters you would like to receive via e-mail!

SearchDomino: Domino & WebSphere Strategies
SearchDomino: Spam and Security Tip

Not a Member? We'll activate your membership with your subscription.

ABOUT THIS E-NEWSLETTER
TechTarget This e-newsletter is published by SearchDomino.com, a targeted Web site from TechTarget, the most targeted IT media and events company.
Copyright 2004 TechTarget. All rights reserved.

To unsubscribe from "Updates on new site content":