hi,
i have seawolf, and i am using ipchains and would prefer to continue using them
because they are working.

i would like to forward packets hitting my gateway on a specific port to an
internal lan machine's matching port. can this still be done on a 2.4 kernel
with ipchains?i am getting the usual "autofw: setsockopt failed: Invalid
argument". i've seen people with those errors post all over google, but no one
can say anything but "use iptables", and they are really really glib about it.

how, if not, can i convert my ipchains to iptables in a standard way without
spending 7 days learning that in fact i didn't have to reinvent the wheel?

sorry if i'm cranky, but i'm a musician, not a sysadmin, and i wanna get back to
that asap. things should just work.

vvvv