Well, it's not ready yet and it's not a guarantee that everything would
work as expected. But we hope that we would be able to make the following:

   1. New numbering scheme. It should result in much smaller disk
   utilization.
   2. Query optimizer. It should result in performance improvements for
   some types of queries.
   3. Reduction of semaphores usage.
   4. Database wouldn't depend one on another. It something is wrong with
   one database, it wouldn't crash others.
   5. New front-end architecture:
      1. Database management become client-side --- you would need just to
      connect se_gov to create/delete/start/stop databases
      2. Asynchronious messaging protocol: it would be impossible to "hang"
      sedna from outside
      3. No need for pping
      4. It would be possible to specify many interfaces that sedna is
      listening to.
      5. It would be possible to start sedna as windows service natively.
      6. New protocol
      7. "Pool" of trn's: se_trn wouldn't die after each session. It would
      result in much faster small transactions.
      8. (maybe) diagnostic messaging channel for se_trn processes that
      would indicate transactions progress.
      9. (maybe not in v4.0 but v4.1) rest api
      10. (maybe not in v4.0 but v4.1) some sort of embedded sedna
      11. (maybe) openssl library for connections encryption
      12. internal unit-tests and new testing system that should result in
      better code quality
      13. clang/llvm compiler support (it's working now too but we should
      check that everything is okay)

I could forget something, but these are common new features that we are
working on :)