On 02/11/2010 23:08, Stefan Harwarth wrote:
> Hi Markus,
>
> 2010/11/2 Markus Krötzsch<mar...@semantic-mediawiki.org>
>
>> It would be great to have one place where
>> various ideas for getting involved are offered (even "help developing
>> some code" is not really specific enough to get anybody started).
>>

> from my own experience, what I really miss(ed) on this page is a real
> "Programmers guide to SMW" where you can learn about the SMW architecture,
> the data model and simple "use cases" for developers (e.g. like my question
> on the devel-mailinglist a few days ago) - and if there is such
> documentation, besides the doxygen, then why isn't it linked there?

I am afraid there is no such documentation, besides Doxygen. It might be
good to have one, but it is not so easy to keep such a document
maintained. Maybe we can copy some ideas from MediaWiki? Do they have
pages that come close to what we want? They have many individual pages
about hooks and DB tables, but I am not aware of an
overview/architecture page.

> Instead most of the content in this article seems to be about
> naming/whitespace/indentation/... - not very encouraging in my opinion :(

I agree. The page was written as a guide for people who already develop
SMW code anyway, but who may not yet be aware of the style and security
guidelines.

Markus