Hi,

I think it would be interesting for some to have some description in the
manual of how to have pretty URLs in SMW:

==Pretty URIs with SMW==
For each page in the wiki one wants to have properly defined identifiers:

* Resource ID with content negotiation: http://semanticweb.org/id/Karlsruhe
* HTML Version: http://semanticweb.org/wiki/Karlsruhe
* RDF Version: http://semanticweb.org/wiki/Special:ExportRDF/Karlsruhe

For that, one needs to do:

* Tell LocalSettings.php:

// Pretty URIs
$wgScriptPath = "/";         # Path to the actual files.
$wgArticlePath = "/wiki/$1";  # Virtual path. This directory MUST be
different from the one used in $wgScriptPath
$wgUsePathInfo = true;        # Enable use of pretty URLs
$smwgNamespace = http://semanticweb.org/id/';

* Define alias and rewrite rules in webserver:

For instance, Apache:

# Define Alias
Alias /web C:/webserver/htdocs/LinkedDataSMW/index.php

# Rewrite to URIResolver of SMW
RewriteRule ^/id/(.*) /web/Special:URIResolver/$1 [L,P]

* For MW specific information and alternatives, see
[http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Short_URL]

Can anyone tell me where we could put and link to such a description?

Best,

Benedikt

--
Karlsruher Institut für Technologie (KIT)
Institut für Angewandte Informatik und Formale Beschreibungsverfahren (AIFB)

Benedikt Kämpgen
Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter

Kaiserstraße 12
Gebäude 11.40
76131 Karlsruhe

Telefon: +49 721 608-47946 (!neu seit 1.1.2011!)
Fax: +49 721 608-46580 (!neu seit 1.1.2011!)
E-Mail: benedikt.kaemp...@kit.edu
Web: http://www.kit.edu/

KIT – Universität des Landes Baden-Württemberg und
nationales Forschungszentrum in der Helmholtz-Gemeinschaft