-1

While I agree it is good to support Java 11, forcing a move to Java 11 will
hamstring some users of James.  First of all, government agencies are slow
to adopt new versions, mainly because they have few actual employees
well-versed enough to know what enhancements the new versions of Java would
do.  Additionally, they have other legacy applications which require older
versions of Java to run, often on the same machine as their James server.
That being said, I do think moving to Java 11 is a good strategy, but
keeping compatibility with Java 8 is essential for now.  I would ensure
that you compile to Java 8 standards in order to help wider adoption.
Please do not recompile older binaries into Java 11, as some of us have to
jump through sixteen flaming hoops in gasoline-soaked coveralls in order to
get approval to get a version of James installed, let alone get Java
upgraded to a proper version.  Also, the packages of Java that have been
bundled with and which have patches in different versions of Red Hat
Enterprise Linux and SuSE Linux Enterprise Server are not just able to
install the latest and greatest Linux.