+1

On 24/10/2019 21:43, Matthieu Baechler wrote:
Hi,

I would like to propose the migration to Java 11 as a runtime.

I opened an ADR here: https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/174

Here is the content of this ADR:

# 9. Migration to Java Runtime Environment 11

Date: 2019-10-24

## Status

Proposed

## Context

Java 11 is the only "Long Term Support" java release right now so more
and more people will use it exclusively.

James is known to build with Java Compiler 11 for some weeks.

## Decision

We adopt Java Runtime Environment 11 for James as a runtime to benefits
from a supported runtime and new features
of the languages and the platform.

## Consequences

* It requires the upgrade of Spring to 4.3.x.
* All docker images should be updated to adoptopenjdk 11.
* The documentation should be updated accordingly.

Voting rules:

I do propose a vote to ensure consensus on it:
  - Answer this mail with "+1" to support this decision
  - Answer this mail with "-1" if you reject this decision

Negative votes should be motivated. Voting ends on 31th October 2019
8am UTC.

Cheers,