Hi David,

Answers inlined.

Cheers,

On 16/05/2020 14:36, David Leangen wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I noticed that there is a “util” module that is released as a separate jar.
>
> Given that the size of the jsieve project is so small, is it really necessary
> to release it as two separate jar files? Would it be reasonable to consider
> folding the “util” module into the “core” module, and to just have a
> single-module project with a single jar release?

I would be carefull: the maven module "util" has a depedency to
javax.mail, causing some potential dependecy conflicts for users.

Also, I might be curious on "who uses jsieve-utils" ... (James Server
don't).

As such, your proposition makes sense to me if we remove
ScriptChecker & ScriptCheckMailAdapter.

Maybe it can be moved as a usage example?

> In the role of an application assembler / operation, I am much happier when I
> have fewer dependencies I have to worry about. I appreciate it when projects
> consider what dependencies they make me have to worry about.
>

> If you agree that it would make the library simpler to use, I will gladly
> submit a PR that integrates the two modules into a single module.
>
> At the same time, if the project is now considered as “stable”, I would
> propose to release as v1.0.0, for semantic versioning.

>From the few extensions I contributed to JSIEVE, I would consider it
stable thus would agree with a 1.0.0 release.