Hi,

good day. I cloned the trunk source code from git (22Sep2016) and builded zip,
tested seems everything ok but unable receive email from outside domains.
anyone could help give me a hint how to troubleshoot, please? i made sure the
MX and SPF record has been pointed to the correct CNAME address and verified by
NSLOOKUP shown ok. the steps listed as follows for your advice, please.

1) cloned trunk source code from git, executed mvn package -DskipTests=true
-Pwith-assembly
2) copied and extracted james-server-app-3.0.0-beta5-SNAPSHOT-app.zip under
directory /james-project/server/app/target/ to target server.
3) modified below xml bind IP to server IP and enable SMTP authRequired.

events.xml
imapserver.xml
indexer.xml
mailetcontainer.xml
managesieveserver.xml
pop3server.xml
quota.xml
smtpserver.xml

4)comment below RemoteAddrNotInNetwork matcher.

       <!--
       <mailet match="RemoteAddrNotInNetwork=127.0.0.1" class="ToProcessor">
          <processor>relay-denied</processor>
          <notice>550 - Requested action not taken: relaying denied</notice>
       </mailet>
       -->

after above, i created test domain and test user, started services, opened
firewall 25,465, 110. 995, 143, 993, i am now able to connect SMTP and IMAP via
my iPhone. able to send email to iCloud and yahoo mails. but when they reply, i
can’t receive. but i am able to receive email from local user.

Appreciate your help, please. thank you in advance.

Thanks and Regards,
Shawn