In this case (mx ok and no log in your james server log file), it seems there
is something wrong in your email client.
Which client r u using? Everything OK in the client config?

发送自 Windows 10 版邮件应用

发件人: Shawn Fu Sheng<mailto:sh...@victz.com>
发送时间: 2016年9月25日 12:31
收件人: Li Haiming<mailto:haiming...@outlook.com>
抄送: James Users List<mailto:server-user@james.apache.org>
主题: Re: Apache James Server 3.0-beta5-SNAPSHOT : Unable receive email from
outside domains

Hi Haiming,

thank you for your prompt response. i can see MX record is pointing to my CNAME
which pointing to server ip. in smtpserver.xml, i put the ip address instead of
this cname, is that correct?

BTW, how is your sending issue now? is it resolved? you may feel free to call
FaceTime auto to my email address if you need discussion, please.

[cid:7436102F-4AFF-4AF2-A9ED-AE393D811BF5]

Thanks and Regards,
Shawn

On Sep 25, 2016, at 10:58 AM, li hai ming
<haiming...@outlook.com<mailto:haiming...@outlook.com>> wrote:

Maybe you can use nslookup to check if MX is ok or not.

Nslookup

> set type=mx
> your.james.mail.host

> set type=a