Hey Marc,

as most Android apps handling mail use javamail (at least I would, but I don't know for sure if the android-api itself may offer some "system-level" stuff wich is messed up) you can do so with a normal java application run on your other clients. As more than one device shows an issue one can say it mostly isn't something wrong with a device, and you also tested different apps, so one can say it's not an app causing it - but it worries that only the Android devices show issues.

Are you using TLS in any way on the server/s? If so: How did you set the certificate up? Did you include the intermediate certificates in the keystore? Otherwise, if you not use TLS, are you use a VPN?

There many reasons this could fail. A quick test would be using javamail and write some lines to test if it's an issue with javamail. Also: does james log show any errors?

Matt