Hi all,

to my shame i think, it is a basic X11 question:

I start a xterm session via SSGD and i can use commands like ssh -X hostname
and everything is okay. I can start on the new hosts X11 programs.

But when i want to use

ssh -X -l root hostname

i see this:

~ (habi...@yyy) 139 > ssh -X -l root xxx
Password:
Last login: Tue Jun 16 08:40:34 2009 from yyy

Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.9       Generic May 2002

# xterm
xterm Xt error: Can't open display:
#

Using setenv DISPLAY and xhost doesn't work too.
We are using SunRays, so when i do the same on a SunRay,
everything is okay.

So, what is wrong?

Thanx for any help.

Detlev

P.S.: You see here SunOS 5.9 on the target, but it is the same, when
      i use a 5.10 host.

--
  Detlev  | Institut fuer Mikroelektronische Systeme
Habicht | D-30167 Hannover +49 511 76219662 habi...@ims.unihannover.de --------+-------- Handy +49 172 5415752 ---------------------------